Equal consideration will be given to all companies, including early-stage companies seeking seed funding, or late-stage opportunities in which RVF will seek to co-invest alongside institutional investors. The above notwithstanding, companies should have at least an MVP.
We invest in companies that are making a positive influence in the community and solving a problem. Focus on the Southern Nevada business community but also open to outside areas.
For more information about our investment strategy, see here: Investment Strategy
FALL 2017 MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS DUE:
Saturday, September 9th, 2017 @ 11:59PM
Do you have a passion for entrepreneurship? Tech? Have you ever wanted to start your own company? Passionate about investing or interested in venture capital?
We are looking to recruit smart, passionate, and dedicated UNLV students to join the Rebel Venture Fund, UNLV’s one and only venture capital fund. ALL UNLV students are welcome to apply!
The Rebel Venture Fund is UNLV’s very own student-led venture capital group which invests capital in startups and early stage high-growth companies. Students gain valuable experiential learning opportunities through participation in real world venture capital funding.
Students also gain incredible networking and mentorship opportunities by working closely with entrepreneurs and leaders in the community, including local venture capitalists, angel investors, attorneys, entrepreneurs, techies, and business executives. The fund is also actively involved in the community and provides knowledge to and supports the growing tech and small business communities here in Las Vegas and Southern Nevada.
*No previous experience in venture capital, finance, or business necessary. Not just for business students! All majors, undergraduates and graduates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Real life venture capital experience (due diligence, valuation, negotiation, deal closing)
- Learn what it takes to start a successful business and what investors look for
- Listen to and watch pitches from passionate entrepreneurs – Shark Tank style
- Create investment recommendations
- Network and work closely with experienced angels, investors, and entrepreneurs
- Strengthen analytical and interpersonal skills
- Gain exposure to multiple industries and specialized fields
- Earn class or independent study credits
- Build lifelong friendships and business relationships
“Being in Rebel Venture Fund has been the single, most rewarding part of my collegiate experience. I implore students from any major to learn more about what RVF can offer them.” – Roddrick Reed (Class of 2015)
“In RVF I was able to meet other motivated and like-minded students, some of whom I will have meaningful relationships as I go forward in life.” – Tim Zettel (Class of 2016)
“It’s the single most beneficial extracurricular I’ve participated in because it’s equal parts learning and doing. It adds value to a degree and it’s a great way to get experience. We need more organizations like this.” – Khalon Richard (Class of 2016)
Students from RVF go on to do incredible things!
- Many alumni start their own businesses and pursue their passion for entrepreneurship
- Students have been recruited to work at:
- All the major hotels in LV in finance, accounting, etc.
- Top Wall Street banks
- Big Four Accounting and Consulting firms
- Private Equity firms
- Even the White House!
*To create an account, you will need to sign up as an investor*